Thursday, November 06, 2008

Fw: Chike Ofili Marks 40 with 3 B00ks hosted on Website, Nov 10




Dear Writer,
 
I am very delighted to let you into a well-kept secret that has taken all manner of speculations , exagerations and reductions.I am glad to let you know that i will be 40 years old om Mon. November 10 without a wife and wealth enough to attract the type that deserves me.
 
My restless life as some friends have always harped upon, has snatched some meaning through the pen.I will on November 10 as i re-mourn the death of Ken Saro- Wiwa, will try to hoist three books on a new website created in part for that purpose since i coudn't be satisfied with the cover designs that would have made me come out with two of the more recent of the books.So i decided to hoist my thoughts on the world wide web.So you should be reading in part:
 
Segun Olusola: A Bridge Across Divides;
 
Fela's Re-arrangement: A Collage of the Poetic Biography of Nigeria's Folkhero of Afrobeat Music,
 
and my collection of poems:The Weight of Waiting, all of which will be on: www.reputationsconsulting.com and my blog on Mon. November 10.
 
Other works of mine in the making are The Biography of Nollywood: The Genius of the Indegenous Nigerian Movie, and The Biography of Advertising: The Handmaiden of Commerce.
 
I will be as available to read anything from you as i will also be on hand to be asked out, walked to the altar and receive your gifts of love, and a party.
 
You should hear of my Book Party plans for the last Saturday in November, all things being equal. 
 
Till then, see you this saturday in celebration of Obama, Uncle Ted, and Yemi Adebisi and Evelyn Osagie the joint winners of the ANA/ Anyiam Osigwe literary journalist award.
 
It's me:
Chike Ofili.
08023409781
 
 



No comments: